PDA

View Full Version : Aracari with heart!

Richard Unsworth
06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
:S3:

I remeber looking twice at this guy, look at the state of his beak and that nice little heart shape is intriguing.

I went back to this frame time and time again trying to work out how to deal with all the white flare in the bg

the bird iteslf is great IMO. and now I think the pic is really nice I even like the dead leaf!

Once again from Puerto Viejo CR last October

So, processed in DPP as raw then CS5, parts in BG brushed out, clone stamped and blurred.

Xanon 7D 100-4OO @ 400 eV +1 iso 800 F 5.6 fROM tRIPOD AS 1/160
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Joe Senzatimore
06-08-2012, 03:38 PM
This image would be worth any time and effort spent on the BG , and yet it is fine as is. Some of the white areas cause a bit of distraction , but it's a keeper either way.

christopher galeski
06-09-2012, 01:48 AM
like as is,sharp,great colors and lighting.well done.

PhilCook
06-09-2012, 01:59 AM
The curled dead leaf is interesting enough even without the bird, I'd try to clone out the left hand twig maybe, but this is a stunning image of a species I have never seen in photograph before, wonderful !

Satish Ranadive
06-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Fabulous image in nature. Great exposure, nice pose and beautiful colors.

jack williamson
06-09-2012, 09:03 PM
This is one fine looking bird, excellently exposed and detailed, that is one beat up looking bill. I love the curled up dead leaf.

Jack