PDA

View Full Version : Chacma Baboon MK II for Steve K.

Andreas Liedmann
06-06-2012, 03:21 AM

Hi to all you out there,
after a couple of days i am back with a new Canon 1D Mk II image .Photographed this baboon youngster at Cape of Good Hope (SA).I am mostly interested in your opinion about IQ and sharpness/detail,i think just a question of PP.
So tell me your thoughts,good or bad as always.

EOS 1D Mark II
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Window bracket

F,5,6 / 1/500sec / ISO 100 Full frame

Processed in DPP and PS

Hope you like it.
Cheers Andreas :wave:

Ken Watkins
06-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Andreas,

A perfect example as to why the MkIIn was a marvelous camera , it still is:w3

Great detail and what else but great AF.

I am not surprised you stayed in the car, they are a dangerous bunch:bg3:

Dumay de Boulle
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Amazing IQ and sharpness. A lovely portrait with nice clean surroundings...Not sure why you want to know my sharpening technique..., yours looks perfect:t3:w3:bg3:

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey Andreas,
Sharpness looks good and a very nice image. I may have pushed the ISO a bit just as a safety net for movement or a smidge more DOF. I would be tempted to lighten the face just a touch more.....even though they are generally this dark. All in all.....well done and very sharp.

Rachel Hollander
06-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Andreas - very nice portrait with good detail and sharpness as well as bokeh. It works very well.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Very cute Andreas! IQ looks very good on my screen.
Might dodge the face a bit? Just shadows and midtones to lift it a bit?? :S3:
Cutting off the tail is not ideal but including it would have framed the shot too wide...IMHO it's a "necessary evil" in this portrait which is all about the pose and look. :e3

Steve Kaluski
06-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi Andreas, looks good and the IQ is far better than previous images, but then the light has also played a good part too. Would agree with Morkel about some dodging on the face to help the shadows and mid tones.

TFS
Steve