PDA

View Full Version : Bar Headed Geese

AdityaPadhye
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Canon EOS 50D, 300 2.8 II + 2x III TC, ISO 320, 1/800s @ f/8 hand held

Shot this near a water body, in evening light. Was lying on the ground for a eye level shot

Stu Bowie
06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Aditya, good low perspective, and I like the symmetrical poses. Both sharp too. Comp wise, having the two geese on the LHS of the frame will work much better. That way, they will look into the space to their right. Taking a bit off the top and bottom wont harm the image either. If you have space on the right, I would like you to try again. If not, a vertical could work too. :w3

Roman Kurywczak
06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Aditya,
I agree with Stuart on tehh comp as the are looking right. I think you could play around with the crop and come up with multiple versions. Techs look excellent!

Grace Scalzo
06-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Love the colors and the sharpness of your subjects. Agree with the above comments regarding composition.

AdityaPadhye
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Agree with the comp tip, I had a look at the raw file and saw the reason for the crop, there is another bird right next to these two in a very awkward pose. Thats why I had cropped this way. Will try another crop while cloning out the unwanted goose

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Aditya, Hi from another fellow Pune-ite. loved the symmetry, low angle, exposure and water color. nice sense of habitat. agree with others w.r.t composition. But if there was a bird there, then I am fine with this...quite OOTB, but still better than having a distracting bird, I'd say.