PDA

View Full Version : Orchid Up Close

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Havven't been around in a while.....life has just been too busy and crazy! Finally got a chance to work on some images from a Orchid show that I attended a few months back. I wasn't able to move the displays so I concentrated on the centers and the unusal "alien angels" inside.

Canon 1D Mark 3 with the Sigma 180mm macro at f/22 for 1/100 sec. at ISO 800 hand held with the MT24 Twin lights set at plus 1/3. A bit of clean up in CS5.

Bob Miller
06-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Roman!...Glad to see you back!...I like this image and you are right .....Orchids look so alien. My wife collects them and I have the hardest time composing images with them. But I like your composition here with the outer petals becoming the bg. Nice job as well on the processing. Looking forward to seeing more!

Maureen Allen
06-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Wonderful image, Roman. It does look a little other-worldly. Beautiful colors. I want to know what kind of orchid this is :S3:

Jerry van Dijk
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Roman, great job in capturing all those details in the reds! It does look otherworldly. I would center horizontally, the flower center is now a little too much to the left. Also, the image looks slightly oversharpened, but I'm not viewing on a calibrated screen.

Jonathan Ashton
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Lovely composition and gorgeous colours, I like it very much indeed.

Nick Palmieri
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Sometimes dead center works and in this case it works great. The colors are perfect and the light sort of falls off the outside pedals like it was a vignette. great job as usual.

Steve Maxson
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Roman. Amazing colors and patterns in this beautiful flower! I love the moody light, the comp and the overall sharpness. Excellent work - as usual! :cheers:

Jeffrey Sipress
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Roman, that thing is scary! Looks like a creature. Beautiful imaging.

Ken Childs
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey Roman, I LOVE the main center of the flower but I'm not all that thrilled with the outer petals and the black sections towards the edges. If this were mine, I'd crop in tighter and then add a vignette so all the focus is on the main oval.

It's great to see you posting here again!