PDA

View Full Version : After the Rain

Bob Miller
06-03-2012, 08:11 PM
After a rainstorm, I went out to see what i could photograph . I found this beauty in the backyard garden. The wind was a problem but i waited for a lull in the wind...What do you think?
D3s
Tripod
1/200 sec at f16
ISO1600
105 macro

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey Bob,
I really like the moody light and processing. Debating the comp although I love the center and darkness on the left. Maybe a touch off the RHS? and bottom....eliminating triangle in corner? Just a thought but overall....this turned out very nicely!

Jerry van Dijk
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Bob, very nice capture! Gorgeous reds on this rose and the water drops add interest. You may consider a square crop, eliminating the points Roman mentions and removing the green BG altogether.

Steve Maxson
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi Bob. This may be one of your best shots! I really like all the red presented in the moody light. Good sharpness and the water drops are a plus. You have some interesting cropping suggestions from Roman and Jerry that you might consider, though this also looks great as presented. Very nicely done! :cheers:

christopher galeski
06-08-2012, 05:18 AM
very nice Bob,love the colors,and the water drops.well done.

Ken Childs
06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Bob, Jerry echoed my thoughts exactly.....all the best parts of this great capture are in that center circle of the flower so a squarish crop would remove those dark areas that are a distraction, IMHO. :S3:

Grady Weed
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm going to suggest a different crop. I took some off of the left side for a more square crop. It still lets the center of the rose petals tight curl go off center. Just a different view. I think this is your best work so far. Well done. Keep posting and TFS.