PDA

View Full Version : Mingus Mill, Great Smoky Mountains

Janet Heintz
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Just got back from the Smokies, what a beautiful place to see by motorcycle.
I reworked this image of the Mingus Mill.
desaturated, over-sharpened, and did specific area saturation touchup.
I used Topaz Adjust and Topaz Detail and Lightroom 4
Enjoy,
Comments always welcome
Janet

Dennis Bishop
06-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I like the leading line of the aqueduct (?), the placement of the mill, and the curve of the road. Those things stood out the first couple times I viewed this, and bringing back the color in those features underscored their importance. There's a great sense of depth. However, I wasn't sure how I felt about the background. When I applied a brown layer in Overlay blend mode at a reduced opacity, it gave the background a different tone and -- in my opinion, at least -- unified the image.

Maureen Allen
06-03-2012, 12:52 AM
I like the leading lines and overall comp here. I think Dennis' suggestion is a good one although I would mask out the building and whatever that thing is leading to it to retain the more desaturated look of the original.

Cheryl Slechta
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Janet, I like the perspective and the desaturated look you got. There is a purple-ish line on top of the roof that I find distracting but that should be easy to fix. I hope we see more from your trip:S3:

Indranil Sircar
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Wonderful composition and I like it for the same reasons of the leading line and selective desaturated look. Personally, I would have preferred just a bit more contrast on the bg for which I would use selective color/neutral/black. Excellent processing and TFS! Looking forward to more from your travel :S3:

denise ippolito
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Janet, I like the composition and the desaturated look. Dennis' repost makes this nice image even nicer. I agree w/ Cheryl regarding the purple roof line.

Janet Heintz
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Dennis,
I really like your re-post of my image, I worked with this for awhile and went back and forth with the desaturation.
this makes it much more pleasing and less harsh
Thanks All for the input
Janet