PDA

View Full Version : The Chase

Russell Johnson
06-02-2012, 05:54 AM
A chase that we witnessed in the Olare Orok Conservancy - Masai Mara.

The IQ is just a little lacking at 100%, though I feel it tells a great story of the team work and tactics to kill - the herding of the piggy into the killing zone :)

1D mark IV
500mm
1/1600 @6.3
ISO 200

Marc Mol
06-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Great story telling image Russell, like how you've included her awaiting sister and this front on view.
TFS

Tom Graham
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Agree with Marc. Do like your composition showing what is happening and will happen. Makes for good action shot when we know what the next second may bring. Like the front lion being OOF and near edge of frame. The chase lion being sharp and intense stare.
But the piggy, do you have one that's like 1/2 second later showing the piggy side view so it is easily identified??
Probably very natural colors as is but think I'd still saturate it some for bit more color.
Tom

Ken Watkins
06-02-2012, 11:48 PM
This to me is one of those "if only" moments, but nevertheless it has worked out reasonably well apart from the angle of the Warthog

Rachel Hollander
06-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Russell - nicely captured and as Marc said, a good story telling image. That warthog hardly looks like the effort will be worth it. Maybe a light snack at best!

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
06-04-2012, 10:41 PM
You framed this very well, Russel. Obviously you would have liked it happening in better light, but these things rarely do...:e3
I agree that a better 'view' of the piggy would've been great. I would add the saturation suggested. :S3: