PDA

View Full Version : Gibberbird (Ashbyia lovensis) Sturt NP NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
06-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Gibberbird (Ashbyia lovensis) Sturt NP NSW Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM ISO400 F6.3 1/2000 available light 3 May 2011
Here is another image taken on Jump Up Loop during two weeks at Sturt National Park in the extreme north west of New South Wales see http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/na....aspx?id=N0032 (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/nationalparks/parkhome.aspx?id=N0032) for more details however it is an enormous area of 340,000 hectares and was originally the following grazing stations of Mount King, Fort Grey, Olive Downs and Mount Wood Stations. A great time with the exception that at Sturt NP there was an introduced mouse plague on. Camp out in one of these if you want to experience them in your car (was averaging 10 caught per night in car alone), eating holes in the bottom of your tent or running up your back while you are trying to have a cuppa tea!! Our ancestors certainly brought out some pests!!
The Gibberbird was a new bird for me and I came a cross it on the edge of the road north from Tibooburra to Warri Warri gate on the NSW-Queensland border. I stalked the bird slowing with camera on tripod and the Gibberbird proved to be one of the easiest birds to stalk. I found however that it was easy to lose the bird in the gibber environment.

Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

gail bisson
06-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi Rod,
Interesting story!!
I like the nice clean look at the bird and neat colored rocks. Image is very bright and I would reduce exposure and/or brightness on the bird but mostly the BG,
Gail

Marina Scarr
06-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Great story, Rod. I am sorry to say your bird's head is a tad soft and the entire image looks too bright. I think you would have a much more pleasing image if you toned it down some.

arash_hazeghi
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
nice pose I agree the head looks a tad soft and overall the BG is a bit too busy