PDA

View Full Version : Yum Yum Yum

Steve Canuel
05-29-2012, 09:05 PM
From back in February. Having removed the spines, this Prairie Dog proceeded to finish off the rest of this piece of cactus. Wanted a tight closeup and since I was sitting down with the tripod already setup, went with stacked teleconvertors. 7D, 500/4 with 1.4x and 2x TCs, f13, 1/500s, ISO 800, + 1/3 EC, tripod, MLU, cable release, small sliver taken off the top.

Grady Weed
05-29-2012, 09:49 PM
I find this one to be sharp, well defined fur and eye. A nice touch with the lunch. Sharp claws, good pose, loved the whiskers. Good colors and nice brown, tan hues, some slight grays with a small touch of blacks showing. A nice comp and well placed in the frame. Noticed you used a cable release, a nice move given you used stacked converters. Thanks for sharing.

I imaged one of these of these guys in Wyoming while traveling to Washington state and to Colorado, Silver City area. I did it in B&W Kodak slide film. He was coming out of his hole from about 10 fet away. Only afterwards did I think about rattle snakes nearby looking at me, sunning themselves.

Ken Watkins
05-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Steve,
I am lucky if I can get a sharp image with a 1.4.

This is remarkable:cheers:

The only question for me is the OOF rock in right hand bottom, but I am not that fussed!

Andreas Liedmann
05-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Hi Steve,
fine image,especially with the lens combination awesome IQ.colors,exposure,contrast and sharpness look fine.I would even cut off a bit more from the top.

Well done,cheers Andreas

Mark Wiseman
05-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi Steve,
I like the detail, composition and POV of your portrait, a beautiful image of these little critters.
Thanks for sharing and best wishes,
Mark.

Rachel Hollander
05-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Steve - great low pov with excellent detail and IQ. Light and colors are great too. Overall, a really fine image.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Canuel
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the comments folks.

Grady,
These guys are fun to watch and definitely have to keep an out for rattlesnakes in the Summer if you're staying put in one area.

Ken,
Bright light and a relatively stationary subject that fills the frame all help. The rock is actually the top of the burrow mound. Could've gotten that out of the pic but the truth is I was just to comfortable sitting in the dirt and just didn't feel like moving :w3.

Steve Kaluski
05-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Hi Steve, another cracking image, especially when you consider the techs and stacking. Good detail & colour where it counts, tight crop emphasises the subject nicely.

TFS
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
05-31-2012, 05:49 AM
Amazing results with that combo. Lovely detail and great BG. I like the light and colors. Very nice Steve!

Stu Bowie
05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Steve, excellent fine detail here, sharp, and I like the behaviour holding a piece of cacti. You managed great IQ with your set up, and I do like the whiskers against the BG.

Steve Canuel
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Steve, Dumay, and Stuart,
Thanks for the look and comments.

Morkel Erasmus
06-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Can only applaud the results here given the stacked converters and the unforgiving 7D.
Well done Steve.:5