PDA

View Full Version : We just call to say we love you.......

Andreas Liedmann
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
or better said do not come closer.Otherwise we bite you !!!
Another image taken in Lamberts bay (SA) under more clear circumstances.The two females were upset ,because of his presence and showed him to the way to go.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Tripod
f 5,6 / 1/800 sec / ISO 100
Processed in DPP + PS CS6 tryout 85% of FF

Hope you like it C&C as always welcome
Cheers Andreas

Andreas Liedmann
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
OOOPs posted wrong version,sorry
!!113539

Grady Weed
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Once more a nice image from you Andreas! Well told story here. Perhaps the male could use a bit of S/H and a levels adjustment, going lighter? Especially around his nose, to show more details. Other than that, a mighty fine image. Love the open mouths on the females. Great whiskers, pink tongues, white teeth, even shows some tooth decay around the edges. The wet look on the males back, or the sheen, is a nice plus.

Steve Canuel
05-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Andreas,
I really like the comp here with the poses of the three seals (would've been great if the rear seal was just a touch lower to see the eye). Being real picky, I'd prefer something to break up the pure blue BG (waves, mountains, clouds, etc.) as I find the edges of the animals just a touch too sharp/distinct.

Ken Watkins
05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Andreas,

Great composition.
Light looks as though it was not in your favour, most particularly the lower back of the male, no idea what you could do about this,

Mark Wiseman
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Andreas,
Lovely composition and POV. The light, the wet and partially wet fur have made it difficult for you to get the detail perfect, but you have done a good work.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.

Rachel Hollander
05-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Hi Andreas - nice comp, though in an ideal world the 2 females' heads wouldn't intersect. It feels a little oversharpened to me but it may just be the wet fur. Also there's a dust bunny in the blue sky on the lhs above the bull.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Andreas, not perhaps one of your better images I feel.

The composition is OK, but would prefer not to have the back off one of the seals between the vertical ones, ideally just to have clear sky. The processing doesn't look right overall, with a sharpening halo on the LH seal. Would suggest a rework on the original RAW. It has the feel of your first post here, which was down to how you processed it.

Trust you can resolve the process issue and look forward to the RP.

Hope you are enjoying your day off.:w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi to all you nice commenters,
what i could do about your suggestions i tried to make it possible .let us see how the reaction is.
Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Andreas, it looks better, but it still doesn't look right, are you able to compress & email to me?

thanks
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-10-2012, 08:54 AM

A new rework. WDYT??!!

Cheers Andreas