AV f5
TV 1/250
Exp +0.67
Aperture & CS5

Crits appreciated:S3:

Mark Wiseman
05-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi Dumay,
A wonderful portrait. This leopard looks as though it is in contemplative thought. Splendid detail, composition, beautiful glassy eyes and POV. For me the only distraction are the highlights to the right of the leopard, otherwise a great capture.
Thanks for sharing and best wishes,
Mark.

Andreas Liedmann
05-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Hi Dumay,
agree with all Mark said.The subject is just excellent,IQ is as i like it.The only thing of critique is that big branch growing out of the head is a bit distracting ,nothing you can do about in PP.Or can you??
It is only a view from the composition side.

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
05-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Dumay - this is beautiful. Detail, comp and IQ all work. The only problem for me is the bright spots to the right of the leopard. Nice to see the leopard so relaxed.

TFS,
Rachel

Ken Watkins
05-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Dumay,

Certainly the major problems have already been pointed out, but lets face it background highlights are always a problem with a Leopard in a tree, as are branches:w3

The Leopard herself is a beauty, the tree trunk would be relatively easy to magic away, and you could do most of the highlights as well, but you would have a long hard job to keep the whiskers.

Steve Kaluski
05-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey Dumay, IQ spot on as usual and processed with care and attention to detail.

The Leopard looks pretty relaxed, therefore did you have an option to move position, primarily to avoid/lessen the tree trunk above? Personally I feel there is too much dead space to the left and think if there was more to the right things might be more balanced, or a quick fix is just to crop on the LHS. Certainly would look at toning down the white highlights within the highlights themselves.

Just curious and although it was +2/3 thirds, did you lighten anything, get the impression in the canopy it might be a little more shady?

As always, a pleasure to view.

TFS
Steve :cheers::cheers:

Mark Dumbleton
05-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Lovely image buddy! Such great detail and colours! Well done :)

Morkel Erasmus
05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Lovely detail and exposure on the leopard here, Dumay.

I agree with the 'unfortunate' position of the branch behind her head, but on the flipside of that I am glad that there's only one branch behind her, which leaves the image quite 'clean' (as these are normally busy with many branches) :w3

I think toning down overall luminosity just a tad using a multiplied highlights selection layer (as per Robert's sticky) will enhance the image. :t3

Lovely image buddy! Such great detail and colours! Well done :)

Awesome to see you posting again, Mark!! :5

Steve Canuel
05-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice IQ and daydream look from the leopard. If the vertical branch has to be there, the only place it would look better for me would be if it echoed the body line of the cat on the left side as viewed. As posted, I like the fact that the two branches are nearly centered perpendiculat to form a crooked, upside down "T".

Dumay de Boulle
05-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Thnks folks...I never wanted to post for the exact reasons mentioned above...Thanks for reminding me what works and doesn't, don't like slipping:t3:S3:

Vivaldo Damilano
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Won't remind you again Bud:bg3: I like it Dumay, lovely relaxed leopard.

Stu Bowie
05-31-2012, 12:51 PM
hI mate, how are those eyes, and what stunning IQ. Great detail on her face. Man you are so fortunate to see wildlife every day in your day job.:w3

Riaan Marais
06-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Hi Dumay,

Lovely image, the leopard looks quite content where it is lying there. I tend to agree with Steve regarding the dead space to the left, maybe slight crop from the left and bottom?

Riaan

Andreas Liedmann
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi Dumay,
another try on this one.WDYT?
Chers Andreas