PDA

View Full Version : Common Yellowthroat

Jim Crosswell
05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
This was taken at Point Pelee NP this weekend. This is a large crop. All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Canon 40d
500L f4
1.4 Extender
ISO 640
1/400s
f6.3
EV 1.67
Tripod

Stu Bowie
05-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Jim, IQ has held up nicely for a 'large crop' and I really like the pastel yellows on this fellow. Placement looks good, and if this were mine, I might try a version with a slightly darker BG. :w3

Randy Stout
05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Jim:

Nice pose, like the grip he has on reed, head angle excellent.

I like the faint pattern in the background, and would actually like a bit more, since the subject is small in frame, I feel the BG has to carry its own weight as an element of the images.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
05-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Jim. Terrific head angle and comp. I really like the simple, graphic quality of this, although I guess I could also imagine one with a little more of the reedy bg showing. Sorry I missed you when I was in Pelee a few weeks ago. I got some images of this guy, or one of his many cousins, from the boardwalk, but most of mine had oof reeds through the bird. This is very nicely done.

Jim Crosswell
05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Jim. Terrific head angle and comp. I really like the simple, graphic quality of this, although I guess I could also imagine one with a little more of the reedy bg showing. Sorry I missed you when I was in Pelee a few weeks ago. I got some images of this guy, or one of his many cousins, from the boardwalk, but most of mine had oof reeds through the bird. This is very nicely done.

Thanks Stuart, Randy and Bill for the comment and suggestions. No problems Bill if you are ever over this way again let me know.

Daniel Cadieux
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Nice image design and beautiful colours. I could see this guy placed a bit more to the left and I'd be tempted to clone or patch the molting feathers patches touching the eyering, but a strong image overall.

Karl Egressy
05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
The boardwalk is an excellent place to take pictures of this handsome guy.
Nice shot, Jim.
I wish I were there.