PDA

View Full Version : rock forms

Valerio Tarone
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I' m proud of these montains where I trace my ancestors. Parco R.Val Pesio Tanaro- Italy. I tried a slight blurring here, in others shots there's more blurring and underexposition.
Years ago, probably 35 mmAI f2,8 scanned at 4000 pixel , ICE, roc, very moderate >saturation.
C&C WELCOMES!

Stephen Stephen
04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Valerio I like the clouds and mountains on the left hand side of the image but I find the sun (?) very distracting.

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Valerio,
I agree with Stephen that the Sun? is a bit overpowering. I thing there something interesting in this one. I'm going to try and do a few things with this one tomorrow and post it.
roman

Robert Amoruso
04-17-2008, 06:42 AM
I like the idea and the strong silhouette of the tall rock. If the sun had been behind it might have made for a nice rim light effect. The sun in the image does not bother me as much as the others I just would rather have seen it more right in the frame and balance it more with the left side rock face and clouds.

Roman Kurywczak
04-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Valerio,
Robert beat me to the crop. I also added noise reduction and some adjustments on the clouds. I think the biggest change is the crop. Let me know what you think,
Roman

Valerio Tarone
04-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Roman robert and others, I agree: the sun is too central,it must be behind the chalky rock or out (just a bit of rays).I agree:normal to do noise reduction,I've learned to use Photoshop! Thank you very much indeed!!!!!!!