PDA

View Full Version : Leaf

OvidiuCavasdan
05-27-2012, 09:28 AM
40D, EF100mm F2.8 Macro
F20, 1/60sec, ISO 250, tripod.
Magnolia leaf from the garden, after the rain, backlit (sunny), waterdrops on the other side of the leaf.

Hazel Grant
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Nice detail. Would be nice also in natural color, I think--magnolias are a beautiful plant. Well done.

Bob Miller
05-27-2012, 08:29 PM
HI Ovidiu.....very nice diagonal composition! love the waterdrop highlights and the tonality throughout. Nice work!

Jonathan Ashton
05-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Very nice indeed, I do like monochrome images...but this one leaves me thinking wow. I bet a colour version is nice.
Ovidiu I have been eagerly expecting some dew covered butterflies from you - what's happening?

OvidiuCavasdan
05-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for comments.
Jonathan, lot of wind lately, and rain..... just didnt happened to have good weather conditions when I had the time for searching butterflies... hope for some butterflies images...soon.

Ken Childs
05-29-2012, 04:04 PM
This is really cool, Ovidiu! I looked at the image before reading the specs and knew there was something really different going on here but I couldn't figure out what it was. The backlit drops on the other side of the leaf are really interesting! I think it looks great as a B&W! I like the slow change from light to dark but the URC feels a little too dark so if this were might, I'd lighten it up just a bit.