PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie Splash

gail bisson
05-26-2012, 05:03 PM
When these guys take a bath the splash is more like a waterfall! I kept the spoonie centered to include all of the splash.
I cloned out a green linear blotch to the right of bird in RUC
Taken just as the sun set behind some clouds.
Canon 1D MK IV
F 500mm
ISO 640
SS1/1600
F 5.6
Cropped by ~30 %
Hand held from the Hooptie Deux
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

rajojomanik
05-26-2012, 05:44 PM
This reminds of the Bobby Darin song, Splish Splash I was Taking a Bath (1958). I shouldn't have said that cause I just aged myself.:S3:

Keeping it centred worked for me, I too wanted to see all that 'splash'.

Randy Stout
05-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Gail:

They are very exuberant bathers, to say the least.

I agree with including splash on both sides. Nicely exposed.

The splash shows up great against the green, a bit less so against the dull water, and I might be inclined to crop a bit off the top.

Spoonies are always entertaining!

Cheers

Randy

dankearl
05-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Thats at lot of water.
The green BG works well with this.

RakeshDhareshwar
05-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Nice action here , Gail !! Loved it .

christopher galeski
05-27-2012, 02:35 AM
nice image here Gail,love the splash,well done.

Stu Bowie
05-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi Gail, great behavioural image, and the flying droplets make the image. Yes to your central placement, pinks of the spoonie show up well. Comp wise, I can see this with less on top, and more added to the bottom.

Daniel Cadieux
05-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Terrific splashing action, you got the mood of this behaviour just right! I like the comp as is as there room for the splashing to "spread" up into. I would however lighten the eye a bit for web presentation.

Doug Brown
05-27-2012, 07:59 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">That's a pretty big splash! I like the placement of the bird in the center of the frame. Not crazy about the green band of water running through the middle of the bird; was that a wave?

Bill Dix
05-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I like this one, Gail. Great wing position and terrific splash. I can see why you didn't want to crop out any of the splash. It would have been nice to sharpen up some of the droplets in the upper area, but that would have been pretty tedious.

gail bisson
05-27-2012, 09:49 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0">That's a pretty big splash! I like the placement of the bird in the center of the frame. Not crazy about the green band of water running through the middle of the bird; was that a wave?
Hi Doug,
The green is just the way the sun hit the water where the sand bank is just beneath the water,
Gail