PDA

View Full Version : Female Eastern Bluebird

rajojomanik
05-24-2012, 09:17 PM
This was taken just yesterday with my new toy... Canon 7d. Still trying to get used to it but so far I like it.

Silkypix RAW converter and Elements 10 for processing. Minimal PP used.

Canon 7d | Canon 400mm f5.6 lens | f6.3 | 1/1250 sec | ISO 400 | manual spot

Frank Schauf
05-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Beautiful portrait, nice bg and eye contact.

gail bisson
05-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Hi Ramon,
Congrats on the 7D!!Great camera but watch the ISO. Anything above 800 and you really need to make sure you shoot to the right or else the noise is a problem.
Daniel has written a piece on using the 7D for Artie's blog but Artie hasn't posted it yet so keep your eyes out for that.
Also, I used Arash's EOS guide for NR a lot when my 7D was my main body.
As to your picture:
BG is beautiful as is the light.
I find the head a bit soft.
The pose is sweet
Composition is tricky with this one.I think I would take some off the RHS even though that would center the bird.I would add more room to the bottom as well,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Nice female bluebird. I like the inquisitive pose. Beautiful BG and colours. I wish you had pointed your lens down and to the left a bit more. Congrats on the 7D, a great camera, much more than what its reputation has become IMO...

Stu Bowie
05-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Hi Ramon, congrats on your new toy, and Im sure you will have plenty keepers. I like the inquisitive pose, soft light, and agree, some selective sharpening on the head wont harm this. Another vote for moving her into the URC.

Karl Egressy
05-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice pose and great background, Ramon.