Charissa
05-24-2012, 02:44 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2jcem84.jpg

Been a while since i posted here.
As usual, all help will be appreciated, comments, harsh or not welcome.:w3

Morkel Erasmus
05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Welcome back, Charissa! :cheers:
I love the dynamic motion in the water here, as well as the gorgeous colour tones. Also how the rock seems the have a gold sheen.
Your work has improved a lot since you last posted. Nothing to crit here from me. :bg3:

PS: Perhaps just include equipment and EXIF info for others to learn from and for critiques to be insightful...
PPS: where was this on the South African coast??? :S3:

Charissa
05-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks Morkel, coming up.:) (And how do i post this to have a thumbnail image on the front forum page?)
Canon 7D, with Sigma 10-20 f4 wide angle lens.
ISO100
F22
1/2 sec
Image was taken in the Eastern Cape, unknown little beach, Glen Eden.

Morkel Erasmus
05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info, Charissa.
Don't know that beach - is it on the Jikeleza route?
Thumbnails will only show for posts made by BPN Members (ie paid members) :e3. Being a member also allows you to upload the image directly to the thread and to stand a chance to win the Image-of-the-Wee/Year.

Jay Gould
05-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Charissa, what a cool image. Before you posted the data I thought it might be an HDR; how did you process the single capture?

The leading line of the rocks pointing to the lines in the clouds puts this over the top. :5

BTW, joining as a member for $20/year will be the best $20 you will ever spend!

Charissa
05-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks Jay. Processed the single image in Camera Raw. Truly cant remember exactly what i did. :)

Andrew Aveley
05-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Charissa. Great exposure control and composition. Can only add to Jay's comment on "money well spent" . Adding all info is really great for getting quality feedback .

Don Lacy
05-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Wonderful image love the foreground leading the viewer into the image and the dynamic view making the viewer feel like they are about to get wet from the water. I almost passed this one bye without the thumbnail.

Charissa
06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Andrew and Don, thanks a stack.