PDA

View Full Version : Nubble Light HDR

Joe Senzatimore
05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
A 7 image HDR of Nubble Light from my recent lighthouse trip.
Processed in HDR efex Pro and CS5

Jay Gould
05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi Joe, while I like it a lot; I am very into saturated images. I have a feeling a lot of folks are going to say too warm, too saturated etc. Works for me!

BTW, it does need a tiny amount of leveling. I simply moved the water line to a horizontal line on my screen and the horizon is not even. My bug-a-boo; level images.

Cheers,

Don Railton
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Joe

I love this composition and the light you have captured here. What I am not so keen on is the way its processed. It looks sort of 'painted' to me, sort of not real. yes, it is a little warm and the foreground red barn especially looks saturated (I have not checked though), but aside from that there is something else I am struggling with that I cannot identify. I think its the balance of colour strengths. Sorry to be so vague..

Don

Don

Rachel Hollander
05-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Joe - I like the comp though I do wish for a tiny bit more room at the end of the rocks on the rhs. I agree that the red building in the fg seems too saturated. There also seem to be some dust spots near the buildings on the lhs and I'm not sure what is sticking up from the grass to the right of the lighthouse.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Joe, it's a lovely scene. Something in the HDR work seems a bit off for me. I think it might have a slight "tonemapped" look and these days I prefer a more natural look - though my biggest critique here is that it seems you might have picked up motion or a tripod disturbance between exposures as the edges of the lighthouse/land/ocean where the blend would take place with the sky look very "hard" and almost "misaligned" in places. Hope it makes sense the way I'm putting it? There's also a bit of a crunchiness in the details overall, and some dust bunnies in the sky. :e3

Sorry for sounding overly negative. I do like the comp and colours! :bg3:

Andrew Aveley
05-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Great composition and saturation. Not to moved bt the 'hdr' here . Is there not on exposure you could optimize for a repost?

Don Lacy
05-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Joe again a really like the composition just not the post processing I really do not know why you went with a 7 image HDR this looks be lit in a way that a single image would be able to capture all the tones needed. Would love to see an image processed from a single frame.

Ed Cordes
05-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I too, like the scene and comp but feel the HDR is a bit over done. The image looks more like a painting. There is a dark halo around the lighthouse itself. Try backing off on the HDR a bit and clean up the dust and I think this will be excellent.