PDA

View Full Version : Mononychus punctumalbum

Carel v/d Sanden
05-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Are long been absent here on the forum.
My camera was broken, and the weather is very bad in the Netherlands.
I hope now many pictures to show.

These 3 mm small beetle lives on the yellow flag.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/10
Av( Aperture Value ) 9.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 200
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
White Balance Mode Cloudy
AF Mode One-Shot AF
AF area select mode Manual selection

Jonathan Ashton
05-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Lovely shot, I like the colours and you have good detail in the dark chitinous cover. It is my guess, looking at his head, that this is a weevil of some sort. I am not too sure about the composition, maybe if he was a little higher and over to the left and then you flip the image horizontally?? Your focus had worked well but I would suggest you use single point focus if you are using AF, this will make for more precise focusing.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice little fellow, wish to see more eye though.

Steve Maxson
05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Carl. Lovely even light and excellent detail on your weevil! If this was mine, I would be tempted to crop some off the top and a little off the left - thereby moving the weevil closer to a ROT position. :S3: Overall, this is very well done!

Ken Childs
05-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Carel, I really like the bug, perch and the BG but I think there are a few simple things you could do to make this image much stronger. First I'd crop just as Steve suggested. Overall the image looks a little dark and flat to me so I would brighten it up and boost the contrast. After doing this you may have to decrease the saturation on the yellows but I think the end result will be a more pleasing image. It's a good base image and with a few simple tweaks it should look even better than it already does!

Carel v/d Sanden
06-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Steve
is this what you meant ?