PDA

View Full Version : RWWB Mom with snack - one of the reasons I love bird photography

Randy Stout
05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
This RWBB female with a dragonfly snack for the kids, was taken standing beside Gary Esman, who posted a nice version several days ago. Even though we were only a few feet apart, and the images are separated by seconds, the slightly different shooting angle and changing light created different images. I like them both, but love the variety you can get from what is essentially the same situation.

D4 600vr TC14 1/1600s f/6.3 ISO 1000 Wimberley/Gitzo

Post: CS5 selective sharpening, significant crop from original.

Placed the small in frame bird at the upper left ROT point.

I thought the background was interesting enough to add value and give a good sense of the reedy environment.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

gail bisson
05-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi Randy,
This is lovely. I really like your composition. The orangy tones of the bug match the orange on the birds face. Great HA.
The exposure is perfect.
The BG looks like a painting and gives a nice 3d feeling.
The perch on the slight diagonal is great for leading the eye up to the bird.Putting the bird in the top left corner is visually very appealing.
I see 2 little confluent white dots to the right of the tail that I would get rid of.
No nits from me on this excellent shot,
Gail

dankearl
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
The BG pattern is pretty cool and I love the female RWBB.
The worm is a plus.

Satish Ranadive
05-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Excellent composition.Nice pose ,perch and BG.

christopher galeski
05-23-2012, 03:06 AM
nice image,like the BG,nice pose,and the bug is a bonus.well done.

Ofer Levy
05-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Nicely composed image.

Frank Schauf
05-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colours.

Stu Bowie
05-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Randy, I like these type of comps, with the subject placed high in the frame. Super pose showing off her catch, and she is nice and sharp too. Remembering Gary's post, it is interesting to see the different BG's. Its great to shoot with a friend and fellow member - lots to share and talk about. :w3

Josh Clark
06-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Fantastic shot of this gal Randy! That perch rocks and to catch her with a meal is even better. I do like the BG. Just enough bokeh on it.