PDA

View Full Version : Stretch

Don Lacy
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Male Burrowing Owl working out the kinks.
This image was made at Brian Piccolo park were a photographer had taped some perches to the top of the post that surround the burrows I heard from a friend the following day that this had caused some issues with both birders and other photographers who felt this had cross the line which i found amusing since I have seen much worse behavior there by other photographers that clearly cross the line into harassing the owls. The photographer felt that since did he cross the roped off area he was not harassing the owls and I agreed with him since the city cuts the grass in this park right up to the roped off areas and thats has to be far more stressful to the owls then anything he did. Well to make a long story short there is now talk off enlarging the rope off areas which I am all for but do not see how this is going to happen since Brian Piccolo is a very active park and doing so would really curtail the use of the park we shall see. Now all of this would not have happen if the weekend amateurs would not show up with short glass and sit right up and in some cases lie under the ropes trying to get images for me this is the real issue and will probably ruin another great spot to get images I have watched several areas in Florida become so popular that trying to shoot there on the weekends has become impossible. So i guess what I am saying if you plan on going to Brian Piccolo please bring some long glass and give the Owls some space this is an amazing place and if your quite and respectful the Owls will reward you with some great opportunities

1DMKIII, 500 f/4, 1/250 at f/8, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered +1, ISO 400, Raw, Tripod, Canvas adde to the top.

christopher galeski
05-22-2012, 02:51 AM
nice image Don,like the BG,nice exposure,nice detail,,I would like a slight turn of the head,but is still a nice image.

Allen Sparks
05-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Hi Don, I like this pose with sharpness of subject and perch throughout. nice BG too. well done.

Satish Ranadive
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Excellent image with beautiful complimenting colors.I like the pose of the bird...nice perch too..

Doug Brown
05-22-2012, 10:20 AM
It's unfortunate that a few photographers can spoil a great photographic opportunity like that. It's something that I've seen on more than one occasion. Interesting pose! Even though you added canvas, it still feels tight up top. I'd consider a bit more sharpening too.

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Don, great pose....very different from the usual BUOW shots. loved the BG...has it been blurred a bit in post?

what you say is happening everywhere, unfortunately.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice bird, pose and light. I belive the added canvas makes this one better but if you could add more would be better. So sad that some people can't respect the rules.

Don Lacy
05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Don, great pose....very different from the usual BUOW shots. loved the BG...has it been blurred a bit in post?

what you say is happening everywhere, unfortunately.
Thanks Kaustbubh for commenting the BG is as shot I never blur the BG in post they never look right to me

arash_hazeghi
05-23-2012, 03:23 AM
this is sweet love the pose derails and BG. perhaps a bit tight on the top

Frank Schauf
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Excellent Pose and light, good exposure control, nice comp and good ambient.