PDA

View Full Version : Asian Water Buffalo

Andreas Liedmann
05-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Something new or old?
Photographed this Asian Water Buffalo in Kaziranga NP (India) a couple of years ago,i have not seen an image of them here.So i thought just post one!!!!
Hope you like it.The IQ is not that good due to slow shutter speed and large crop. But i tried my best.

Canon EOS 1D mark II N
EF 500 IS L
Handheld from Gypsy

F 5 / 1/60 /ISO 200 50 % crop of FF

Comments very much welcome, cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Andreas, personally I might have gone with a tighter crop to emphasis the facial expression, but sadly I think you have answered the question. :w3

The IQ is not that good due to slow shutter speed and large crop. But i tried my best.

Could explore the idea of B/W or even a rich duotone, but would also add some more USM?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM
As i said and you agreed ,but i tried lets see how it comes out.WDYT? Steve.

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I was thinking of something like this, slightly tighter, avoiding the grass stalks too, WDYT? :bg3: You could clone out the grass stem?

Andreas Liedmann
05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Yo Steve
but now i think i have to go back to Kaziranga and rework all my images,or minimum try to rework (LOL).
But your crop work.Sadly the image does not give room to play that game.

Sadly yours Andreas

Russell Johnson
05-21-2012, 04:08 PM
A good capture and pose, though a tighter crop would give more emphasis to the expression.

Rachel Hollander
05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Andreas - you certainly have encountered a wide array of animals in your travels. Interesting expression, prefer the tighter crops but as you said IQ isn't up to your usual posts.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
One animal I would love to shoot more
Nice pose here
TFS

Photographed this Asian Water Buffalo in Kaziranga NP (India) a couple of years ago,i have not seen an image of them here.So i thought just post one!!!!

My Wild Buffalo image HERE (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/85881-The-Asiatic-Wild-Buffalo?highlight=)

Ken Watkins
05-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Andreas,

In terms of IQ definitely not one of your best, but then you have a far smaller RAW file to start with with the camera used. Tighter crops on reposts emphasise this problem even more.

They certainly have the same silly expressions as our version:bg3:

Steve Kaluski
05-22-2012, 02:19 AM
But your crop work.Sadly the image does not give room to play that game.

Not to worry Andreas, it was a good exercise and worth exploring. Perhaps increasing the ISO would have helped, certainly giving you a hint more shutter speed (SS), Certainly it is/was a good camera, along with the MKII, producing some superb images, albeit only 8mp, which was great at that time. :bg3:

All the best
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
05-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Have to say the slow SS and large crop are what let you down not even the change of crop is gonna save this one, especially after the high quality we are used to seeing from you.