Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation +1/3
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
White Balance Mode Daylight
AF Mode AI Servo AF
AF area select mode Spot AF

I noticed there was some activity in this bramble patch during the morning, this was where I also photographed the whitethroat. I returned in the evening to get better light, I was rewarded with this dunnock, I have returned daily since but I have not seen it again.

All c & C welcome.

Stu Bowie
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Jon, I like how the Dunnock is framed in the V of the foliage, and nicely in the open too. Good look back pose showing off his grub, and the DOF has worked out well on the little guy. I like the colours on him.

Glad you are getting some summer light your side. It was 2 deg C driving to work this morning, and no warmer when I went for my run this evening. :w3 Cheers.

Jonathan Ashton
05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi Jon, I like how the Dunnock is framed in the V of the foliage, and nicely in the open too. Good look back pose showing off his grub, and the DOF has worked out well on the little guy. I like the colours on him.

Glad you are getting some summer light your side. It was 2 deg C driving to work this morning, and no warmer when I went for my run this evening. :w3 Cheers.

Stu you are making me feel smug it is going to be 22 deg C tomorrow!!

Vivaldo Damilano
05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with Stu, lovely image with good color, BG and grud adds interest.

Humberto Ramos
05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi Jonathan,
Sometimes lots of foliage its not good to the photo, because it gets more confused, but not this one, I like it this way.

Jonathan Ashton
05-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Humberto, I agree I have several shots of whitethroats and linnets and other warblers, they tend to aggregate in dense undercover and only occasionally do we get a clear view. On the one hand we all like a clear view but on the other I like to capture the situation as close to reality as I can, nature is not always coffee table top image clean. I am always concerned that it is too easy to make the image appear contrived when cleaning up. I get thegeneral impression that in Europe we tend to be a little more accepting of the natural surroundings..... but we do of course appreciate a clear view!