PDA

View Full Version : Bonelli's Eagle (Aquila fasciata)

Humberto Ramos
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
In Portugal and Spain, this large bird of prey is an endangered specie, and protected by Federal law’s.
I needed a special permission of the Portuguese Institute of Nature and Biodiversity Conservation (ICNB), the Portuguese authority for nature, wildlife. All preparation as well all field work was monitored and supervised by biologists of the ICNB.
Almost five months of hard work monitoring and observing the specie to understand the best places and locations to the photography sessions.
Five months but with no regrets and in my opinion, wonderful photos…
My gratitude to Luís Venâncio, wildlife photographer that worked with me in this Project, and to João Paulo Silva, ICNB Biologist that supervised our work.

Canon 1D IV+Canon 600mm f/4 IS+Hide
1/1600, f/5.6, -2/3 EV,ISO 800

Marina Scarr
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I absolutely love this image b/c it is so unique. The way the eye with catchlight is just peeking through the wing feathers, really works well. I love the feet with talons extended going in different directions and the tail and feathers up. You have a lovely BG and great action. Congratulations on your project.

Humberto Ramos
05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks Marina, more photos to come, still taking pictures of this couple, by the way, this is the female ;)

Stu Bowie
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Humberto, interesting reading in your introduction, and congrats on getting your images. This certainly is an unusual mid-flight pose, and sharp where it counts. A great view of the talons, and a killer BG. If anything, a little more space above, and even more space below. Looking forward to the rest of your series.

Humberto Ramos
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks Stuart, for more room I would need to ad some canvas.

Gerald Kelberg
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Humberto, your hard work and planning has paid major benefits. This is a wonderful image! The pose is really unusual and the eye peeking through the wing tips is brilliant. It is about as good as it gets!

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Andrew Merwin
05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Superlative image. I really like the position of the feet & the eye peeking through the primaries. A beautiful capture with a great BG. I also like the comp & the raised tail.

Vivaldo Damilano
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Gorgeous Humberto, love the pose, wide spead talons and raised tail. Eye showing through wing take this image to another level congrates.

Andreas Liedmann
05-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Really good Humberto,
nothing to moan about.The time was well spent.

Cheers Andreas

rajojomanik
05-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Really nice capture Humberto. Love the intensity of the look and those fully extended talons.

arash_hazeghi
05-22-2012, 01:32 AM
very nice sharp with good details. Normally I don't like a flat near wing but since you have such an intimate eye contact I think this one works. nice BG too.

christopher galeski
05-22-2012, 03:07 AM
great image,I too like how the eye peeks through the wing feathers,nice and sharp were it needs to be,and a nice BG.well done.