PDA

View Full Version : Theme Love is in the Air

BarbaraScoles
05-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I took this photo yesterday at Klamath Lake in Southern Oregon.
I never get tired of watching this spectacle.
I like the framing with the green at the top of the image. What do you think of it?
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

D700, 80-400mm
ISO800
400mm
F7.1
1/6400
Exp Comp -1.0
Taken at 8:18am, sunny

Jack Breakfast
05-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I like this very much. The lovely background colors and the wake behind the birds. The birds themselves look terrific and you've frozen them in some very nice poses. Some folks would ask for "more room for the birds to run into" but I don't see things that way. I like the composition very much as it is. That said, I probably shouldn't put words in anyone else's mouths...

Ofer Levy
05-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Fantastic behaviour image! Here is a repost with the following: slight LEVELS adjusmnet, slight CCW rotation, cropped off the top and bottom and added to the left (assuming you got the space.) Starting from the RAW will make this a real winner IMHO.

Gerald Kelberg
05-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Great behavior and I love the splashing trail of water. Composition of Ofer's repost really makes it work for me!

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Bill Dix
05-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Love the behavior and the trailing splashes. Ofer's repost helps the comp. Nicely captured. I'd love to witness this some time.

Humberto Ramos
05-21-2012, 09:56 AM
I do love action and behavior shots, also love the water drops, IMO Ofer repost is even better.

BarbaraScoles
05-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Thank you Ofer for your work on my photo. I do like the crop better and the photo looks better overall.
I've looked at the photos on your website and they are amazing!!
I was in Israel a couple of times in the late 90's for work. I enjoyed seeing the wildlife there but didn't have the proper camera equipment to take photos at the time. I regret that. I stayed at the Hyatt in Jerusalem and had a hoopoe on my balcony...a thrill of a lifetime for me. I hope to get back to Israel someday for bird photography. It is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited.
And thank you to the rest of you for your comments. I am already learning from just the 2 photos I've posted so far.