PDA

View Full Version : Dew drops

Steve Bein
04-16-2008, 01:23 AM
This was a tiny plant next to the poppy fields. I have posted others from this series before, this is a first for this one. Being nearsighted, I could find the compositions I wanted, then try to find them in the viewfinder,hoping to keep the scene infocus and hoping not to knock the drops off the plants. This was not misted, but morning dew, shot while laying in the dire in a gully. from a few years ago.
Canon 10D
100mm 2.8 macro
1/250 sec, f/2.8
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: -1/2
ISO: 400
Flash: Off

The OTB image of this is in that forum.

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Steve,
To me, this one lacks the impact of some of the previous ones. I might be tempted to crop out the top left drop from the left and top proportionally as the TL drop is partially cut anyway. Still very cool that you could get dew drops to look this good,
Roman

Robert O'Toole
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Nice image, Good use of the limited DOF.

Agree with Roman, cropping the drop on the left edge would clean the image up, another alternative would be to give the drop more room, but cropping makes a better composition.

Robert

Steve Bein
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
As a carry over from my film days, I tried to use full frame and not crop. In the modification posted in "Out of the box", I moved the left drop inside so it was not cut off. This is one of the images with not a lot of the poppies behind in the large drops and they show in the smaller ones. I still have some that I never processed and will see what I can do with them.

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey..........your reading my mind.......I just posted in OOTB.
Roman