PDA

View Full Version : Whitethroat

Jonathan Ashton
05-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm 4 LIS & 1.4tc1 ISO 800 +0.3, 1/1600 sec f7.1
I had spotted this little guy when out walking Barney in the morning, I returned in the soft evening light. I have made a couple of versions removing various twigs etc but came to the conclusion that this shot struck a reasonable balance between clarity and reality.

All C & C welcome

Stan Cunningham
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Background is superb, and so is the bird. If it were mine I would crop in tighter but that's a personal thing I think

Piotr Szydlo
05-20-2012, 07:20 AM
nice one! like Stan said, background is great. lovely detail and exposure.

Daniel Cadieux
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
I like the perch and details, but I do find there is too many sticks in the image. I do see some processing artefatcs to clean up too. You could always setup a perch somewhere away from other distractions and try to call it in if you don't mind using such tools.

Gerald Kelberg
05-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Jon,

Really love the brambles, don't they! I spent at least 1,5 hours over the weekend waiting on a Whitethroat to show but the little devil knew I was waiting, so I came away without a shot. All the more reason to like your shot. I agree that the background is a good representation of the environment and I do like the singing pose. Not a lot of detail in the whites below the eye, but maybe that isn't a reasonable expectation. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Daniel - I tried to call in the one I was after and it wasn't at all convinced - went real quiet and went away!

Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
05-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Thanks very much for the C&c everyone, as always much appreciated.