PDA

View Full Version : Portland Head Light

Joe Senzatimore
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Have always wanted to travel to Mass. and Maine to photograph some of the spectacular lighthouses. Finaly got here. This is a 7 image HDR shot today. Merged and tonemapped in PhotoMatix. Then tweeked a bit in CS5.

D3s with 28/70 F2.8
Bracketed in 1 stop increments.

Don Railton
05-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi Joe

I like this a lot... Nicely composed and lots of interest for the eye. My sort of beach. I do feel its a little warm however, espc on the rocks, and the red roof colour looks a little flat. Was this a sunset? (Be aware I am viewing this from an uncalibrated monitor, so it could be my problem...) There is also a few black (i presume dust) spots towards the top and upper LHS of the image you might want to fix...

Thanks for showing

Don

Vivaldo Damilano
05-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Beautiful image... building adds interest but also find image too warm. I also notice a slight halo on the RHS between sky and land.

Jay Gould
05-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Hi Joe, While I find the foreground rocks a bit warm, I like the crisp building and the sky. The image needs a bit of rotation.

Morkel Erasmus
06-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Sorry I missed this. I like the light on the scene. Overall it seems a bit underexposed, or even vignetted??
HDR looks quite natural so well done on that...some dust spots to zap in the sky! :t3