PDA

View Full Version : First Bee Fly 2012

Karl Günter Wünsch
05-18-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.my-photohome.de/naturescapes/bee_fly_2012_05_09_216_bp.jpg
Bee Fly resting on sage, Halsberg between Gilsdorf and Harzheim, Eifel, Germany. Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM @ f/9, 1/60, tripod.
It's a slow start to the macro season here where I live but eventually I found the first bee fly a few days ago...

Allen Sparks
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Karl, great focus throughout on the bee fly and wonderful background. The sage makes for an interesting perch. I kind of wish the out of focus lower leaf in the foreground was not there but that is a very minor nit. Wonderful macro IMO!

Steve Maxson
05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi Karl. The Bee Fly gave you a great pose in nice even light on an interesting perch and against a clean background. I agree that the image would be even stronger if the OOF leaf mentioned by Allen was sharper, but at this working distance there wasn't much you could do about it. This is very well done and I hope to see more of your macro work!

Ken Childs
05-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Karl,
You got a cool pose from the fly and the BG looks fantastic. As Allen and Steve mentioned, a little more DOF so the plant was sharper would have been nice but the subject looks good and really that OOF leaf is only a minor distraction. Nice work!