PDA

View Full Version : Sardinian Crab

Andreas Liedmann
05-18-2012, 01:23 PM

Hi Guys
my first Macro post??!! Photographed this crab on the mudflats on the south sardinian coast.

Canon EOS 1 D Mark IV
EF 500 IS L + 2x TC
Tripod

F 10 / 1/1000sec / ISO 1250

Processed in Canon DPP + PS CS6 tryout NR,LCE, levels,curves (lum mask),vibrance,websharpening

I have chosen the pano because there was too much space over and under the crab. 50 % crop of FF

thanks for watching cheers Andreas

Allen Sparks
05-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Andreas... I like the pano crop you chose -- focuses attention right on the crab. I also like the feel of him rising right out of the water and the low angle you chose. Well done!

Steve Maxson
05-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Andreas and welcome to the Macro forum! This is a great first post! The pano crop works very well, you have good sharpness, and the light is beautiful! I like your low shooting angle which also shows off the two eye stalks. (Your crab seems to be missing its two front legs.) This is very well done and I hope to see more of your work here in Macro!

Bob Miller
05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi Andreas and welcome! Very nice shot with alot to like! Ithink your decision to go Pano was a good one! I especially like the sharpness and the reflection! you might consider cloning out the bright spot in the upper Left. Nice work!

Ken Childs
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Andreas, welcome to Macro!
I agree that this is an excellent first post. Sharp where it needs to be, good BG and the low angle is just right for this type of subject. I especially like the film of water surrounding the leg on the left...this adds a lot on interest IMHO. Nicely done!