PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Leaf Spiral.

Daniel Cadieux
05-18-2012, 12:39 PM
A few weeks ago I posted a tulip leaf spiralling upwards, accompanied by the tulip flower bud. Some would have preferred to have the spiral by itself...so here is one, but of another angle, one that I hope you find interesting. I could do without the OOF in the LRC, and will likely do a version without it.

Canon 7D + 100mm f/2.8 macro, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/100s., f/6.3, ISO 800, FF.

Allen Sparks
05-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Daniel, I really like the flowing lines in this shot and how they lead you right to the spiral as a focal point. Great composition. Agree about a version without the oof in the LRC. Great composition and very well done!

Steve Maxson
05-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Daniel. Like Allen, I really like how the flowing lines lead my eye right to the spiral and the DOF works well here as things get sharper as your eye approaches the tip of the spiral. The leaf in the LLC isn't really bothering me - you might try just toning it down a little more. This is very well done!

Bob Miller
05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi Daniel.....Nicely composed and carried out with the focus being right where it should be! I agree on toning down the LRC and I might possibly tone down the bright line in top center

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Very nicely done Daniel.

Ken Childs
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I love these natural spirals and your capture looks great all the way around. The slow increase in focus on the leaf leading to the spiral is perfect. I have no problem at all with the leaf in the LRC and if this were mine, I'd leave it as is. I think it balances out the image nicely.