PDA

View Full Version : White Stork (Ciconia ciconia) - panning

Humberto Ramos
05-17-2012, 05:42 AM
After some BIF shots of some storks, decided to try something different, tryed a panning, full frame and crop to 16:9, add some vibration and clarity.

Canon 7D + canon 600mm f/4 IS + hide
1/40 at f/22, +1 EV, ISO 200

Richard Unsworth
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Nicely done Humberto, pan blur works very well
Currently I am on top of the Sierra Do LOUSA!
Finding subjects difficult up here; moving to Costelo Branco Saturday :Black Storks may appear lol

Humberto Ramos
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Nicely done Humberto, pan blur works very well
Currently I am on top of the Sierra Do LOUSA!
Finding subjects difficult up here; moving to Costelo Branco Saturday :Black Storks may appear lol

Hi Richard, I live 80 Km south of Castelo Branco, in Portalegre, if you come this way say something...

Cheers

Richard Unsworth
05-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Will do Humberto!

arash_hazeghi
05-18-2012, 08:13 AM
This image does not work for me Humberto, the bird is way small soft and lack details. better luck next time :) you may want to wait until he is closer and pan a bit faster to get the head/eye sharp

Humberto Ramos
05-18-2012, 10:04 AM
This image does not work for me Humberto, the bird is way small soft and lack details. better luck next time :) you may want to wait until he is closer and pan a bit faster to get the head/eye sharp

Thanks Arash,
Your are right about the bird, he is small, soft and doesn’t have many details, but my intent before the shot was to create something different with the yellow flowers in the BG and with the stork small in the frame. Maybe some more detail? Yes if possible, but IMO in some kind of artistic expressions, detail doesn’t matter that much.</SPAN>
Thanks again. </SPAN>

arash_hazeghi
05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks Arash,
Your are right about the bird, he is small, soft and doesn’t have many details, but my intent before the shot was to create something different with the yellow flowers in the BG and with the stork small in the frame. Maybe some more detail? Yes if possible, but IMO in some kind of artistic expressions, detail doesn’t matter that much.
Thanks again.

IMO it doesn't work Humberto, just because something is different or blurry it doesn't mean it is artistic. Some pan shots work nicely but not this one, you need to get the head and eye sharp. Maybe post this in the OTB forum to get better feedback there

Better luck next time :)

Humberto Ramos
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
IMO it doesn't work Humberto, just because something is different or blurry it doesn't mean it is artistic. Some pan shots work nicely but not this one, you need to get the head and eye sharp. Maybe post this in the OTB forum to get better feedback there

Better luck next time :)
Thanks Arash,
I do respect yours and others opinion, that’s why I post the images In BPN, beside my image, because already known your opinion, it doesn’t work and its not artistic, but I have to disagree with you when you say that a panning to work must be with the head and eye sharp.
Thanks again.

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Humberto, good thing you tried something different. these are incredibly hard to pull off. I also prefer the head a bit sharper but with the bird being angled, that would be hard. I liked the amount of blur you got in the wings.