PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Interaction

Vivaldo Damilano
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
D3s 200-400 VR taken at 200mm. 1/640s at F10 ISO200.

Andreas Liedmann
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/206997/dsc3657editeditQYBSN.jpg

Hi Vivaldo
like this image because of its dynamic,pose of subject ,comp ,contrast ,detail.But i was not really happy with colors.So i decided to try to get rid of that blueish cast in the shadows.As side affect the grass also became a little more natural looking at least from my POV. Hope you don`t mind that i have changed a small fraction of your image.

If so,sorry for that. Cheers Andreas

Vivaldo Damilano
05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi Andreas, your version is better then mine, colours look better but to me there to much saturation, ESP the grass is a little to yellow. I have posted another version, will be interesting to hear other opinions.

Steve Kaluski
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi Vivaldo, just quickly looking at this on the laptop and my initial feeling is Andreas's RP looks good but will reserve thoughts for later. My first question is, what is happening with the sky, it looks very patchy, streaky and uneven, have you pushed the saturation here? Even more noticeable in the RP.

Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Vivaldo
thanks for comment.The only things,i have done is used the levels command and black eyedropper on one of the black stripes,followed by a slight curves adjustment to lighten up the brighter mid tones . So i did not change the overall saturation.
Steve to the sky looks like there are some funny clouds almost grey/blue in color,just a thought,or me be posterization???!!
Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Lovely action here Vivaldo...where was it taken?

Andreas' repost sorted out the shadows but is overall just too yellow. Your own repost is too red and magenta to my eye.
Some whites on the zebras might be a tad hot? I didn't pull it into PS so might just be borderline :w3.
I am with Steve on the sky...looks strange?

Grant Atkinson
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Vivaldo, I am really struggling with the internet and BPN tonight, right now I can only see Andreas repost, plus your repost, I am not able to see your original post. I prefer your repost to Andreas, and I think that you have done well in catching the two zebra at a good moment. Catchlight in the eye, a little colour in the pink inside of the mouth, and a great pose locking the two animals together. Their bodies make a strong shape in the picture that catches my attention. I might have preferred the BG a bit less in focus.
Well done on this action shot...I am not going to comment on colour right now.
cheers
Grant

Vivaldo Damilano
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for comments. I am also struggling with the internet tonight. The sky has gone funny, overdone it a bit.

Steve Kaluski
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Vivaldo it looks like it is all going very warm and going away from the OP, I might take a look later and if I think it's getting close I will fwd to you rather than cluttering with many RP's.

If the internet is causing issues with you, then may I uggest you break out that 2004 Sassicaia. :bg3: :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Vivaldo - nice action captured. I think the sky looks best in your last rp (more like clouds than posterization) but agree that overall the last rp is too warm. To me, the colors in your first repost look most natural but I also see the slight red/magenta cast that Morkel referred to. I like the image and think it is worth trying to work through the color issues.

TFS,
Rachel

Ken Watkins
05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Vivaldo,

Nice action in this one I particularly like the nip, as I have a poor monitor in UK I will refrain from commenting on colours:w3

I will take another look tomorrow when I am back home

Harshad Barve
05-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Excellent image Vivaldo , I liked your RP most
TFS

Dumay de Boulle
05-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I like this a lot Vivaldo, great action and love the layers of colors (Your 1st repost is best for my taste) I would play with the comp, maybe some off the left as the left Zebras momentum is pushing right and then add a bit of space to the right if you have it. Very nice bud!

Kiran Khanzode
05-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Love the angle, light and the action, you nailed it !

Ken Watkins
05-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Vivaldo,

Now viewing on relatively decent screen, of all the posts so far the OP is to my mind the best, in terms of colour.

For me a slight change in contrast works best, the sky still looks "strange" but that is what you often get.

Still a great moment captured here:cheers:

Stu Bowie
05-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi Vivaldo, great interaction between the two zebbies, and Im going with your OP, with regards to colour. Both zebbies, nice and sharp.