PDA

View Full Version : Loon with crab

Katie Rupp
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Earlier this year I was working to understand exposure by trying different settings and this Loon is one of my better attempts from the many, many pictures I took that day at Morro Bay, California. Lucky for me, there were lots of practice subjects!

Canon 40d; Manual exposure, f5.6, 1/1000s, ISO 100 and 310mm (Canon 100-400)

Comments/Advice appreciated

Oscar Zangroniz
04-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Very nice composition and head angle, seems to be sharp from the monitor I'm looking at. The zig zag reflection by beek is a little distracting. Otherwise a very nice shot.
Congrats Katie.

Gus Cobos
04-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Hi Katie,
Love the composition and colors on this one. Even though your duck is swimming away from you, the head is turned looking at you. Nice job.. I have no problems with the water for my taste...:)

Congrats...:D

Alfred Forns
04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I like it Katie !!!!

Excellent exposure and framing Having the catch is a big plus Only the proverbial lower angle would have made it better !!! I think it was looking back to make sure the crab would stay in its possession !!!! If given a choice would make away from the reflection or at least not going through its head !!! I like it a lot !!!!

Harold Davis
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Katie, I'm with Al on this one in respect to the proverbial lower angle. It would be much stronger from down low, but this is still really neat. Nice capture. I like the crab in his mouth!!

Nonda Surratt
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Neat image! Agree with Alfred on the angle, nice exposure and detail!