PDA

View Full Version : You never know who is lurking the forums...

Grady Weed
05-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Hey everybody.

I had a chimney fire a couple of months ago. We put in a claim to the insurance company. The long story short is; the adjuster who works directly for the insurance company, asked me if I was the Grady Weed who takes nature photos. Of course I said I was. He then asked me several more questions about where I post my images. I only post here at BPN anymore and I do not have a web site. So I was curious as to how, where he saw my images, what he thought etc.

He replied that he found them here mostly; some on another site I used to post on and write for. I've also been published in some major publications that reach around the globe. He was very praise worthy of the images he reviewed and I thanked him for it.

My point; be nice, polite, civil, freely help others when needed, go the extra mile to teach others who ask, you never know when you are being watched. When others see you or your work, which you might be aware of, you get off impresssions. Be careful, watchful and be grateful! You just might get opportunities you never dreamed of. And you knows; the inner joy of being recognized by someone you never knew was out there makes life interesting to say the least. It sure is a small world we live in.

My thanks to James, Artie and company.

jack williamson
05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Well said Grady!

Jack

Raymond Lee
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
I get a few of those questions too in the local parks of our area. I don't even know those people most of the time.

Cheryl Slechta
05-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Very well said, Grady:S3: And you're so right - it's a small world we live in.

Ed Cordes
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
The power of the internet! I have had similar experiences and loved discussing the value of this forum.

Grady Weed
05-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Very well said, Grady:S3: And you're so right - it's a small world we live in.

Who knows I would have run into someone from the little town of Micanopy Florida, and who knows my father in law Ken McGurn.