PDA

View Full Version : Phaon Crescent.

Jim Bridges
05-15-2012, 06:58 AM
I made this a few weeks ago at Brazos Bend SP. This little Phaon Crescent was along side the trail in the grass by one of the lakes warming in the morning sun light. When I spotted it I thought it may be an Orange Tip, but not to be and that's ok because I didn't have one of these in my files either. D80, Tamron AF 180/3.5 @ f22, SS 1/5s, ISO 100, spot meter, tripod and remote shutter release. PP NX 2.

bhavya joshi
05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Hello... Jim.. Wonderful Butterfly spot.. Nice patterns on wings.

but, In this Image there is an Lose Of Deails and Sharpness..May be of two reason Due to Low Shutter Speed. It good to

used Tripod in Low Shutter This Image fail.. or I think Focus Point is Not Lock..Check your Focus point...

Overall Well Try.. Keep Clicking..:S3:

Jim Bridges
05-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Hello... Jim.. Wonderful Butterfly spot.. Nice patterns on wings.

but, In this Image there is an Lose Of Deails and Sharpness..May be of two reason Due to Low Shutter Speed. It good to

used Tripod in Low Shutter This Image fail.. or I think Focus Point is Not Lock..Check your Focus point...

Overall Well Try.. Keep Clicking..:S3:
Thanks a lot for the comment! Since it's the only photo I have of one of these I'll keep it until I shoot another one.:bg3:

Ken Childs
05-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Jim, while this image is overly soft, I don't think it's a lost cause at all. When I first looked at it, I was more concerned with the bright areas on the perch and in the BG and the dark stripe on the left. I just tried a combination of High Pass and Smart sharpening and it came out looking pretty good. Painting over the light and dark areas with a soft, low opacity brush finished it off nicely. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. :S3:

Jim Bridges
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Jim, while this image is overly soft, I don't think it's a lost cause at all. When I first looked at it, I was more concerned with the bright areas on the perch and in the BG and the dark stripe on the left. I just tried a combination of High Pass and Smart sharpening and it came out looking pretty good. Painting over the light and dark areas with a soft, low opacity brush finished it off nicely. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. :S3:

Thanks a lot for the information, Ken! I'm happy with it and didn't spend much time in PP. It was more of a record photo for my files in the first place.:tinysmile_shy_t:

Daniel Cadieux
05-18-2012, 05:04 AM
You have a beautiful subject and some nice colours, but looks like 1/5s. was just not enough to render a perfectly sharp image. Raise the ISO for more SS and better success rate at sharp images.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-18-2012, 01:06 PM
This is a nice BF, the browns look good against greens, good pose. I would have liked a bit more space on right and more sharpness.

Jim Bridges
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM
I added a little sharping to this one. Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions.

Steve Maxson
05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Jim. A cool looking butterfly giving you a nice pose in beautiful light. I agree with the suggestions above - your repost is an improvement. :S3:

Jim Bridges
05-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Jim. A cool looking butterfly giving you a nice pose in beautiful light. I agree with the suggestions above - your repost is an improvement. :S3:

It's entirely possible that I didn't do any sharpening on the OP... :eek3:... :e3