PDA

View Full Version : Seashore Sunrise - Atlantic Ocean, FL

Robert Amoruso
05-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Sunrise from this past weekend at the seashore. Lasted for about 20 seconds with the god rays and the best color. I was only able to make three images. Faster shutter speed then I normally use due to very gusty wind. Canon 5D Mark II Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L Tilt-Shift Lens 3.2 sec, f/8 Mode: Manual Metering: Evaluative ISO: 200 3 stop ND 2 stop GND

Don Railton
05-14-2012, 07:03 PM
hello Robert

This is very nice...! I like the 'fire' just above the clouds and the rays leading to it...I think you would prefer a longer exposure time if conditions allowed, but I quite like that there is still some definition in the sea with the exposure you used...

Don

Andrew McLachlan
05-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Very nice Robert, I quite like the radiating cloud formation and the colors too. The cluster of rocks is well placed and the diagonal water's edge is a nice touch too. Beautiful!

Rachel Hollander
05-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Robert - fantastic colors. I too like the radiating clouds, the diagonal shoreline and the placement of the rocks. It all works well.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
hello Robert

This is very nice...! I like the 'fire' just above the clouds and the rays leading to it...I think you would prefer a longer exposure time if conditions allowed, but I quite like that there is still some definition in the sea with the exposure you used...

Don

Me too Don on the shutter length. Very windy so not likely a long exposure would work out. I was surprised a 3 sec. time did not blur the image. Thanks for the imput.

Vivaldo Damilano
05-16-2012, 05:53 AM
What a beautiful scene, love the soft light, clouds and sun rays. Rock placement and reflection adds nicely.

Morkel Erasmus
05-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Dreamy sky, gorgeous colours and just enough definition in the ocean for me (SS was perfect here...I don't like seeing too many "glass ocean" type of shots, as that's not the raging ocean I know :w3, though it has its place).

dankearl
05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
I like the water texture and the pastels are very well done.

Andrew Aveley
05-26-2012, 10:04 AM
A simple scene with great colours and just enough exposure time to add some soft textures to the water :) Composition and reflections add :)