Ring-necked snake.
Canon 5D Mk II
Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens
1/200 f/16 ISO 400
Flash off-camera firing through diffusion tent

Bill

Steve Maxson
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Bill. I really like the curve of the snake's body and the way you have placed it in the frame. Good sharpness where you most need it and the gray background works well with this subject. I think a couple tweaks will make this cool image even stronger - I would suggest a round of nr throughout and you might consider selectively brightening the area around the eye just a bit.:S3: Very well done!

Jim Bridges
05-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I have never seen one of these little snakes before... I can't add to Steve's comments... thanks for posting it!

bhavya joshi
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Good To see Snake in Light Box.. Looking Some Noise in image.. It can be Reduce... agree With Steve also.. and Well Click..
Love the Curve of snake in frame. :S3:

Ken Childs
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey Bill, that S pose is classic....just what you expect when seeing a snake. The comp look great and it's sharp where it needs to be sharp. I can see the appeal of the dark image but if this were mine, a minor SH adjustment to take it up a fraction would fit my tastes perfectly. Well done!

Andrew McLachlan
05-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Bill, lovely snake..one of my favorite species. Agree with the comments above. The ring-necks around my home have a yellow ring around the neck with yellow undersides.

OvidiuCavasdan
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Cool subject, nice pose and well composed. Good suggestions above.

Ian Cassell
05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
What a treat! I used to find these all the time when I was growing up in CT. Like Andrew, ours had yellow neck bands. I've never seen one out this way. For those who don't know, this critter is extremely tiny as snakes go (not all that much bigger than a large earthworm). I love the pose you got him in. A bit more light on the face would have been nice.