PDA

View Full Version : Where's my breakfast?

Hazel Grant
05-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I think this is a woodpecker, but he was perplexed to find that many had beaten him to the suet holder this morning. We fill it often. Cropped about 25%. some selective sharpening and clone work on the blue streak at the bottom to eliminate white blotches (reflections on water). D40X with Tamron 70-300 lens. 5.6, 400iso, 1/320sec. early morning. hand held.

Randy Stout
05-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Hazel:

He looks like he is really trying to get some of the suet crumbs:S3: It amazing how fast they can eat a suet block.

I like his grip on the feeder and the display of his tail being used as a prop, classic wood pecker technique.

I can see the areas that were cloned, and you might want to use a softer clone stamp and gently smooth your edges so they blend in .

The black stick on the left is high contrast against the sky, and that does tend to draw the eye.

If your image quality will allow, I might consider cropping from the left to eliminate the stick, and even cropping part of the feeder off to convert it to more of a vertical. This would help place the emphasis on the bird, and downplay the impact of the feeder.

Cheers

Randy

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Hazel, Randy covered a great deal as he always does. I really liked the moment.