PDA

View Full Version : Bontebok 2

Andreas Liedmann
05-13-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/205829/bontebok2QFDQT.jpg

Hello all you out there ,i hope this time i got the real Bontebok.Picture was taken in Bontebok NP (SA) a longer time ago.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Beanbag

95 % of FF

f 6,3 / 1/800sec / ISO 200

Processed in Canon DPP + PS CS6 new tryout , levels, curves through lummask,LCE, vibrance+ sharpening

Hope you like it, C&C welcome

Cheers Andreas

Steve Canuel
05-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Nice shot Andreas. It's a beautiful animal. I especially like how you've got all the extremities (legs, tail, ears, and horns) separate and distinct from any kind of merges. Wish for a little more view of the right eye but don't know if you can get it and still keep it looking natural. A minor point for me regardless.

Morkel Erasmus
05-13-2012, 03:54 PM
This is indeed a Bontebok, very nice one Andreas (I don't even have a photo of one in my collection!!)...
Love the "proud" stance and the light. Nice and tight in the frame works well for me in this case as it shows of all the parts of the antelope well.
I would try to tone down the brightest whites a bit (inside of the back and front legs, top of the tail/butt and the bottom of the legs) to get some more detail showing there (without making them look grey). :S3:

Ken Watkins
05-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Andreas,

Further confirmation that this is indeed a Bontebok, from the small but beautiful Bontebok National Park.

Very nice to see someone going out of their way to see this rarity. :cheers:

You clearly had some sun which for Bontebok is usually a nuisance as they are really shiny. Still a real beauty though, very well done.

Dumay de Boulle
05-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Lovely pose and a lovely animal. Nice detail and the colors look great. Agree with Morkel regarding the whites Personally maybe a bit more space all around for me but thats it!

Steve Kaluski
05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Andreas, well certainly a little more room all round for me, I just feel it needs some room for the subject to breathe. Toning down the whites, yep another vote for that. Have you added anything or cloned anything to the LHS? If you look in the corner there appears to be the a duplicate area of the bottom left leg to perhaps extend the canvas on that side, be interested to know your thoughts. If you have cloned something then you could also consider the object in the BKG, no big deal, but I feel the image would be cleaner without it.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey you guys,
i just wanted to try ,if one of you guys recognize what i have done with this picture!!!???

Congrats to Steve,you found out exactly what i have done.Don`t blame me for that.In all other images i have sent in so far ,i declared what i have removed or added.

Actually the original frame was not that good,because the antelope was too close to LHS.next time i will do a better job on the canvas extension,hopefully.And i will for sure tell you if i have done such things to an image.

So sorry again for not telling you.

Cheers Andreas

PS: original just out of DPP
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/206170/sbbbbd0072V0DF7.jpg

Steve Kaluski
05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Congrats to Steve,you found out exactly what i have done.

LOL Andreas, if you are doing things like this yes, let us know, but more importantly, use the right tools that are at your disposal, it makes life easier. :w3

Andreas Liedmann
05-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Hey Steve
what means"LOL Andreas"

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
'Laugh out loud' - :bg3:

Rachel Hollander
05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Andreas - good suggestions above about more room and the whites. Nice to see this antelope. I don't think I've seen it on my travels. And no fair, testing everyone:w3.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Lovely image indeed
TFS

Andreas Liedmann
05-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks to all you guys

for your kind words and critiques!!!

Cheers Andreas