PDA

View Full Version : Woody & Tweetle Dee

Harold Davis
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Here's my best effort with trying to get all in the same frame with good light and head angle. I'm ready for my thirty lashes.:eek: There are some big time problems that I am not happy about. Let me have it!!:o

D300, sigma 50-500 at 500mm, f/10, 1/1000s, ISO 800, 0EV

Let the lashing begin!!

Alfred Forns
04-15-2008, 06:51 PM
.... why only thirty :D

You did well here Harold Just a couple of areas a little darker but you have very sharp faces and love both expressions Twitley Doo and Mom !!! Sure hope they stick around a few days !!!

Judd Patterson
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Man, oh man, you have me jealous Harold! Sure wish I would have joined you in Flamingo last weekend! Nice exposure and a very well captured moment of excitement for the chick. I'd be tempted to photograph/crop this "crooked" to take some (but not all) of the tilt off the nest branch. Nice work man!

Bruce Gove
04-16-2008, 01:06 AM
I'd like to say that there is something critically wrong with this image. It's just that if there is, I'm not at the level of expertise to tell you what it is!! I think it's a super image - it's sharp, well exposed and nicely composed. Absolutely a great job Harold!! :) I'm very envious...

Bruce

Harold Davis
04-16-2008, 04:43 AM
i cant believe noone has commented on the problem!!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
04-16-2008, 06:27 AM
You cliped part of the tail like I do????
I can't see anything wrong with it, I like it the way it is.
Beautiful shot Harold, Congrats!!!

Gus Cobos
04-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Very nice composition Mr. Harold.. Like it the way it is...:D

John Robuck
04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Looks like a very nice image to me, one I'd be glad to hang on my wall.

Great situation, good composition, to my eye. To pick up on Judd's comment, please let us know whether the angle of the tree is as you found it.

Hey, I'm like Bruce -- don't have enough experience to guess what your problem is! Maybe it's the dust spot behind Mama's head? Contrast appears a bit harsh? Kind of a yellow color cast (or was it made in a "golden light" period)? A little oversharpened?

??? I'm in suspense here!

Leroy Laverman
04-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Nice image overall. I wish the adult was looking a few degrees more towards the camera though. It looks oversharpened from my view. There are halos along the tree and bird and the midtones really show the USM. This is probably appropriate for a print but it's too much for the web. If you're viewing this on a CRT it probably looks OK as they are not generally as sharp as an LCD display. There are also two vertical purplish lines behind the adults head. Looks like something was cloned out.

Douglas Bolt
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
A great image, in my opinion. But, do you plan to remove the distant, small, dark cloud (sometimes known as a sensor dust spot) before you make the final print. Is this the flaw you mentioned?

Harold Davis
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
oscar won the prize for what i was talking about!! i clipped the tail just a bit. could not believe it. now i see the dust speck too. i dont see the two purplish lines behind the adults head. i must look closer or clean my computer screen. there was nothing cloned here at all.

thanks a ton for all the comments!!

Harold Davis
04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
and the angle of the tree is as i found it. pretty interesting actually, one guy made a comment that the tree looked like a ballerina.

John Robuck
04-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Aha -- well, with the tail laid out along the trunk and down at the bottom, I don't think that detracts that much (but I'm not a photo editor).

I also see the purplish line just behind the crest, but I suspect that may be something like a compression/jpeg artifact that only shows up in the on-line version, and if you are looking at the original file you won't see it.

Nonda Surratt
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
NICE! Oh I'm envious. Dust bunny, mentioned as tail. For some reason adults beak look odd? Real minor..Nice and sharp, like it!