Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/250"
F16
ISO 100
Canon 430EX: On, Fired
HH
CS5

Shot in the light box with the flash aimed straight up.

Cropped, curves, contrast, lightened centers of flowers, smart and high-pass sharpening.

Jim Bridges
05-12-2012, 08:47 AM
This looks like a fine art painting! These little flowers and the violet wood sorrel are the first flowers I see in the early spring, so that makes them a favorite.:S3:

Steve Maxson
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Ken. The light box comes through again! Good sharpness on the center of both flowers and the drooping bud adds interest. I also like the comp and the diagonals of the stem. On my monitor, it looks like you may be losing some detail in the yellows - but the light yellows blow out so easily (and maybe more so in a light box setup) that I'm not sure what to recommend. Nevertheless, this is a very cool image! :S3:

OvidiuCavasdan
05-15-2012, 02:20 AM
I like the composition and dof coverage. I think yellows are a bit too hot for me, but this is a matter of personal preferences.

bhavya joshi
05-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Shot.. Ken.. First time I saw This image My eye get closed automatically.. due to Bright White BG.. Though I like it.. Love the Light Yellow flower.. But I tell you ..very Bright Image :bg3:

Ken Childs
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all of your comments!
I agree the colors are hot but but that is what I was going for here. While I was working on this I did try to take the yellows down a bit just to see what it would look like but they just didn't look right, IMHO. :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
05-18-2012, 05:33 AM
I like the very bright theme here, and the composition is just right. The only minor thing I'd do here is raise the contrast of the left flower's middle to match the righ flower.