PDA

View Full Version : Sand River

Andrew McLachlan
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I haven't had much time for fresh landscapes lately...too busy with frog photos :S3:, but have been trying to catch up on some of last year's images. This one is from the Sand River in Ontario's Lake Superior Provincial Park in very early autumn. This river is full of opportunities for such intimate views along it's course. The river is at a rather low level here..I'm sure it is raging during the spring. I did apply a touch of tonal contrast to the image.

Look forward to comments.

Nikon D200
Nikon 12-24 @ 18mm
ISO 100
f22 @ 0.6 sec.
Nikon Polarizer
Mirror lock-up

Rachel Hollander
05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Andrew - I like this a lot. The swirling water is great and good sharpness throughout the whole scene. It all works for me.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
05-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Hi Andrew.
Nice sense of motion imparted by the water here, and lovely tones through out. well done... I miss the tops of the trees a little and there is also something about the rocks that bugs me as well, but I am not sure what it is. Maybe Jpeg artefacts?..

DON

Morkel Erasmus
05-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Although I too miss the 'treetops' here, Andrew, I quite like the overall image design...with flowing (blurry) water, stoic sharp rocks and the trees also showing a hint of motion (wind), creating 3 very nicely separated layers. I think it does suffer from some compression artifacts...
SS for the water was spot on for me...:bg3:

Robert Amoruso
05-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Andrew,

I agree with the above. I suggest a moderate crop[ on the top to make the trees looked cut and not clipped in some cases.

Andrew McLachlan
05-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks folks for the comments and suggestions. Sky was intentionally left out due to unappealling overcast skies, but a small crop from the top is easily doable. :S3:

Andrew Aveley
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Mate , like the different approach here with great crit :) Good luck on da frogs !