PDA

View Full Version : Fern leaves Rhythm

Bob Miller
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
The rhythm of these fern leaves caught my eye while in the backyard garden. I processed the image with fractilius....used Viveza to darken the bg and finished with using Color Efex low key to tone down the bright yellow highlights. I know it is not a wow image but I like it and would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Jay Sheinfield
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Bob, I like what you did here. Nice curves, and well framed. The processing fits so well. I could see a sliver off the top to emphasize the verticals, but it's also just fine as is.

Brendan Dozier
05-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Very nice, Bob, like the flow and peaceful simplicity of composition. Nice light, color, and soft filtering works well against black BG.

Cheryl Slechta
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Bob, I like the amount of fractalius that you applied and the nice curves with the black bg. Nice work:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Bob, I like the fractalius treatment for this one and the flow of the fern frond is nice too. If it were mine I would darken up the lighter areas in the back ground so that thye are as black as the rest of the BG. Nice work!

John Storjohann
05-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Bob, a nice base image and a nice application of Fractalius...+1 on taking a sliver from the top...and maybe a smidge off of the RHS as well (a smidge is a little less than a sliver :bg3:). Nicely done!

denise ippolito
05-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Bob, this fern leaf has a beautiful flow and you captured and processed it so well. Ditto a teeny bit off the top. The black BG is wonderful!

Bob Miller
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback....now for the cropping tool!

Anita Bower
05-13-2012, 06:09 AM
I think it is a lovely image. Love the yellow/green against the black--strong and effective. The curve of the fern is graceful. Your processing brought out the softness of the fern. I would take a bit off the top, also. I would not take any off the right, but might clone that little dark area in LRC. Well done!

Cynthia Thayer
05-21-2012, 01:40 PM
I really like this. The black background really forces my eye to look at the leaves/plant. I like the different directions of all the lines too.