PDA

View Full Version : Bontebok

Andreas Liedmann
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/204833/bontebokZI5UX.jpg

Hello ,hello photographed this beautiful Bontebok in Mountain Zebra NP (SA)

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
EF 500 IS L +1,4 TC
Beanbag

60% of FF
f6,3 / 1/1000 / ISO 100
Processed in Canon DPP +PS CS5 levels ,curves, LCE,sharpening

Hope you like it.
C&C welcome,don`t be shy:w3

Cheers Andreas

Ken Watkins
05-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Andreas,

Seems like you got some sun, whilst you were there a couple of weeks ago it was largely cloudy and windy:w3

This is according to my information, not a Bontebok, but rather its close relative a Blesbok, nevertheless still a mighty fine animal, in a great look back pose.

Bontebok are and were restricted to the Western Cape, once on the edge of extinction there are now around 2,000 in parks in particular Bontebok National Park, near Swellendam, our nearest park.

Dumay de Boulle
05-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Love the shooting angle, crop and comp with great IQ and BG...A fine image. This is a Blesbok

Rachel Hollander
05-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Andreas - very nice. I too like the look-back pose and the blade of grass adds.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Nice to see you picking up the reins of 'critiquing' Dumay, I think it sums things up nicely, nothing much to add. The diffused BKG works well to separate the subject and the section of blue makes a nice contrast.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks guys for your kind critique,appreciate that.

Sorry that i am so stupid to mix up the two species (Bles and Bontebok).

Try to be better next time.

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
05-12-2012, 04:34 AM
Thanks guys for your kind critique,appreciate that.

Sorry that i am so stupid to mix up the two species (Bles and Bontebok).

Try to be better next time.

Cheers Andreas

"stupid" is a very strong word Andreas, I don't think anyone here thinks that of you :w3...
it's easy to mix these 2 up...

Lovely shot. MZNP provides some of the best backgrounds for photography...I think it's great that you have visited so many of our "other" National Parks...:5

Ken Watkins
05-12-2012, 07:33 AM
"stupid" is a very strong word Andreas, I don't think anyone here thinks that of you :w3...
it's easy to mix these 2 up...
I cannot help but agree with this well said Morkel, I doubt that most people have ever heard of these, seen them or would be able to distinguish between them easily. The primary difference is the area they live in.

Andreas Liedmann
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,
sometimes it is hard for me to find the right words in english,simply because it is not my origin. So from time to time i just use words ,that would normally not been used by native english speaking persons.

So please be not too critical with my comments about myself or other guys or their posts in this forum.It take me quite a while to write a critique,because i have to translate for myself.

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
05-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey guys,
sometimes it is hard for me to find the right words in english,simply because it is not my origin. So from time to time i just use words ,that would normally not been used by native english speaking persons.

So please be not too critical with my comments about myself or other guys or their posts in this forum.It take me quite a while to write a critique,because i have to translate for myself.

Cheers Andreas

thanks for explaining, Andreas, will keep that in mind!
English is also not my proper "first language", and although I am fluent in it I often have to double-check myself on some matters :w3

Steve Canuel
05-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Regardless of the species, or the ability to identify, this is a beautiful shot of a great looking animal. Nice head turn and view of the horns and a great BG. As an aside, I admire your willingness, as well as all the other non-native English speaking members, to venture into and participate on an English speaking forum :cheers:.

Harshad Barve
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
I cannot help but agree with this well said Morkel, I doubt that most people have ever heard of these, seen them or would be able to distinguish between them easily. The primary difference is the area they live in.

Agreed with Morkel and Ken and BTW love the image
TFS

Andreas Liedmann
05-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Thanks to all you guys,
for kind words and critiques

Cheers Andreas