Back to regular images :t3

D3, 600MM, ISO 2000, 1/640 at F4
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Ken Watkins
05-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Harshad,

Nice of them to pile mud on the near side:w3

Great expression here, I feel this is the type of shot when abandoning your "no cloning" stance should be forgoten with some suitable camouflage applied to the surround of the water hole.

Same problems in Etosha and other places

Harshad Barve
05-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Something like this , I have nearly forgotten the cloning skill for sure , will be easy catch for most of photogs :bg3:

Ken Watkins
05-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Harshad,

I had to have a go myself, hope you do not mind, also did a crop. Quality has dropped a lot as a result of starting with a low quality JPEG

OOOPs just noticed a bad repetition , oh well, back to the drawing board

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Harshad, prefer you RP as it's cleaner and less noisy (would also do the white streak in the BKG as well), however parking that aside, as this is more 'cosmetic', what I am puzzle with, is the extremes between processing. This image is cleaner, sharper and has more detail and looks good, compared to previous postings which have lacked all the key elements, why? You are using the same kit, so it's not that, be good to know. :S3:

Critiquing the image, I might suggest a slightly tighter crop, not by a huge amount, but I feel there is some excess room that could be lost, plus have you thought about flipping the image, plus some CCW rotation?

TFS
Steve

Harshad Barve
05-10-2012, 03:05 AM
This image is cleaner, sharper and has more detail and looks good, compared to previous postings which have lacked all the key elements, why? You are using the same kit, so it's not that, be good to know. :S3:

Its light Steve , TATR light is so critical , It will be harsh by 7.30AM only , this image is in pure light of 6.27 AM

Harshad Barve
05-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I had to have a go myself, hope you do not mind,

Why I should :) , Thanks for RP

Ken Watkins
05-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Its light Steve

It nearly always is:w3

Rachel Hollander
05-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Harshad - He's a cutie and the expression is good with the tongue out. I agree about cloning in this instance and RP looks good except without the pool edge Steve is correct that it needs the slightest bit of ccw rotation now.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Harshad, prefer you RP as it's cleaner and less noisy

Happy Birthday Steve , you are getting younger :bg3::bg3::S3::w3:c3:

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Harshad, LOL, if only. Just setting up the brand new, all singing workstation, new powerfull macs, servers, RAID etc, hence the slight pause today with truck loads of upgrades, eat your heart out NASSA. Will be able to enjoy your postings even faster now, maybe even before you post, thank you Apple. :bg3:

Steve Canuel
05-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Cloned like a professional Harshad :bg3: Like the habitat colors and the tongue sticking out.

Dumay de Boulle
05-11-2012, 01:13 AM
The stump doesnt bug me at all. Its natural after all. Lovely pose and great colors...Was it taken in your winter or summer? I would like to know when those foliage colors occur!

Andreas Liedmann
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi Harshad

nice pose with a funny tongue.Like the comp and cloning of the repost.Nice detail on the tiger,but what i do not like is the really bright color of the foliage. I would tone it down,because my eyes went straight to that vivid green.Too dominant for my eyes.

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
What a cute cub, nicely captured Bhai...love the repost for cleaner look, and the foliage colour is awesome...tongue out takes it over the top...
:cheers:

Ken Watkins
05-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Harshad, prefer you RP as it's cleaner and less noisy

Hardly surprising, working from a RAW is better than a low resolution JPEG, my point was to show Harshad that cloning was not as bad as he thinks, I also preferred it without the extra lump of earth.

LauraDyer
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Lovely image, what a beaut of a cub. Tend to wish that white streak in BG wasnt there, reading prev comments you are not keen on cloning, but just an idea. Great stuff!