PDA

View Full Version : egg

Carel v/d Sanden
05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
This is the egg of the Orange tip

The wetter is bath in the Netherlands , verry cold en lot of rain.

Camera Model Canon EOS 450D
Shooting Date/Time 3-5-2012
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/6
Av( Aperture Value ) 9.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Focal Length 100.0mm
Flash Off
White Balance Mode Cloudy

Ken Childs
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Carel, you've captured a very interesting, brightly colored subject and the important parts are nice and sharp. IMHO, since this appears to be a tall, thin subject, it might look better if presented as a vertical instead of the way it is now. With that nice clean BG, you have a lot of options because creating more canvas will be relatively easy. If you have more stem you might try rotating and cropping it so the tip of the flower is pointing towards the upper left corner and then brightening it up just a bit.

Is the Orange Tip a species of butterfly?

Carel v/d Sanden
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes Ken its a butterfly
look hier
http://www.natuurlijk-erp.nl/Vlinders/Oranjetipje.htm

Steve Maxson
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Carl. You have an interesting subject (both egg and plant) in nice light with a clean background. My only suggestion would be regarding the comp - like Ken, I think this might make a stronger image if it was presented as a vertical - you might experiment with Ken's suggestions and see if you like that better. :S3: Overall, this is a strong image and a tweak to the comp should make it even better!

OvidiuCavasdan
05-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Interesting subject, sharp where it needs, I like the oof part of the bud. Nice colors and great BG. Agree about composition suggestion given above, I think you should try different crop options for composition, even square...