PDA

View Full Version : TATR Rocks !!!!

Harshad Barve
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Dear All

Photographed this along with Charles & Nancy Bell in one of the finest afternoons of my life. Light was not our side but sighting was awesome
D300, 600/F4 at F5.6 , ISO 200 , 1/1000 , beanbag , FF in bright summer afternoon at 3.58 PM

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Ken Watkins
05-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Harshad,

I am puzzled by the inclusion or lack of exclusion of the Wild Pig. I would definitely crop to exclude it if IQ allows

Doug West
05-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Love the juxtaposition type of feel as Mr. Tiger sjzes up his next possible
meal. Wish the whole boar(?) was included, but the message still gets across.

Doug

Harshad Barve
05-08-2012, 04:07 AM
I would definitely crop to exclude it if IQ allows

I am surprised by this for sure. Are you sure you want to crop out wild boar ????

Ken Watkins
05-08-2012, 05:15 AM
I am surprised by this for sure. Are you sure you want to crop out wild boar ????

Whilst I see the point of including potential prey the fact that is badly clipped is my major problem for me, if it was all there it might be better in my eyes.

Robert Amoruso
05-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Harshad,

I am going to agree with Ken here. Though I may recognize the prey, to most this is just a very blurred out object. In a similar situation in Alaska, I photographed Sandhill Cranes in the FG with a blurred out Grizzly Bear in the BG. When post here, most agree with bear was TOO OOF.

I think you have the same problem here. My preference would be to have the whole pig in the image and not so blurry. Perhaps only way to have made that happen would have been a blend of two images - this one and one of the pig OOF a lot less.

Steve Kaluski
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Yep, sorry Harshad, but this really isn't working for me either, the OOF 'pig' the rock and then the Tiger.

Perhaps it's one of those moments that we all have had, when the situation is good if you are there, but sadly does not transalte as an image.

TFS
Steve

Stu Bowie
05-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Harshadbhai, great view of the tiger looking directly towards you, and the boar. The colours really stand out against the water. I have to agree with the others regarding the incomplete OOF boar.

Rachel Hollander
05-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Harshad - sorry but I agree with the others. In fact, when viewing I did not recognize it as a boar and spent my time focused on it rather than the tiger. Agree that if the whole animal was there and perhaps a little smaller in frame it would work better.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
05-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone for comments , I don't mind if this does not work for you but I know for whom it will work :t3:c3:

Nancy Bell
05-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Harshad, I most certainly remember this encounter! We were all wondering just how it would turn out. I was surprised that the pig just calmly walked away and the tiger did not get a meal!

Morkel Erasmus
05-11-2012, 05:31 PM
What a moment this must've been! I'm surprised you got any shot at all, what with the trembling fingers and all :w3.
I certainly don't mind the OOF-ness (is that a word??) of the boar, Bhai, but I do wish you had all of it included...:e3...that being said, if mine I won't crop it out here.
Why did you not use the 200-400? Or don't you have it anymore? :Whoa!: