Dumay de Boulle
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
1D MKIII
500 f4 L IS
AV f6.3
TV 1/800
ISO 400
Aperture and CS5

Difficuilt species to get an interesting image of...I will keep trying. This guy has quite a set of horns. Crits appreciated:S3:

Steve Kaluski
05-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Difficuilt species to get an interesting image of.

Yep, and I think you have pulled it off, a nice bit of behavioural action too.

Crits, very difficult, only thoughts/suggestions :w3
- Might add some Curves just to punch up the Buff, did you lighten it, especially over the back area?
- Perhaps drop the Saturation of the greens and yellow in the grass in the BKG so it's less vibrant, seems to give the Buff more prominence IMHO?

Congrats on a good and well executed image Dumay. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Andre van As
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Dumay
You certainly did a great job on showing the texture of the hide and detail on the horns. IMHO these shots often work better if you can get 45 degree angle of the body (which helps with DOF that you did a great job on) as well as the head turned enough to get a profile of the head. While I get a glimpse of light in the eye it is lost in the sheer size of this magnificent specimen. Having said this I yet have to shoot a pic of a buffalo that I want to show.

Kind regards

Andre

Harshad Barve
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
I liked it lot , super light and techs
TFS

Ken Watkins
05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Dumay,

Nice as is, great pose great detail, colours look natural to me, I suppose if you had got both eyes it would have been even better. As you say great horns with little mud to distract from the detail.

Stu Bowie
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi Mate, excellent detail on the buff's head and horns, and I do like the DOF. I like your choice of comp here too. I bet you got off more than a couple of images of this fellow. :w3

Dumay de Boulle
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys..Steve I like your suggestions. The green bugged me as well. I didnt lighten the fur at all. This is pretty much as shot with a bit of sharpening and levels

Steve Kaluski
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Dumay, cool.

I just thought it didn't sit well and toning it down/back I think just gives it a bit more edge, if you need help drop me a line, but I doubt it. :w3

Re the lightened 'fur', again, it just seem to have the same tonal range across with no areas of change, hence my question.

All the best
Steve :wave:

Andreas Liedmann
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Hello Dumay
like this one ,because of detail, color and comp. i do not mind about the greenery in the back.

Well done

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
05-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Dumay - definitely tough to get an interesting image of these guys and you have managed that. Detail and comp are great. Agree about the sat of the grass.

TFS,
Rachel

Dumay de Boulle
05-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks folks...Reposted with greens desat of 8 points and upped blacks on the back fur 5 points.

Steve Kaluski
05-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi Dumay, 'How do you feel?', as this is your image, is it better, worse, more work required on reflection now?

Personally I think it now looks really good, but then if I made the suggest I would :bg3: because it's the observations I picked up on, ultimately it's your call. :w3

Nancy Bell
05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Great repost! My eye is immediately drawn to those massive horns with those bits of color, then onto the eye & the drooling water...you did capture an interesting image.

Morkel Erasmus
05-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Repost nailed it. He's got some boss on him! :Whoa!:
Your IQ here is exceptional, Dumay...as has the IQ in all your images posted of late...:5