PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Sparkle

Andrew Aveley
05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Anther image from southern namibia. This was shot on the same morning as my previous post of Namibia Big Sky. The grasslands that are doted by the unique geography are magical to witness in the dawns early light. This is again a single exposure with the use of a 0.6 soft grad filter. Basic editing done in LR 4 and some LCE after resize in CS 5 - Canon 5D MK 2 , EF 16 -35 F2.8 l @16 mm , F22 , 1/10 , ISO 100 , Manfrotto tripod with remote shutter release. All comments and feedback appreciated.

Morkel Erasmus
05-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I like this loads, Andrew...lovely sunburst and the sky colour is awesome...not to mention the grasses. :cheers:
I would have like to see more of the mountains/kopjes on the RHS...with the sun maybe on the LHS ROT line? But guess you chose this one for the clouds, which might not have been that nice a little to your left? :e3

Steve Uffman
05-06-2012, 06:11 PM
gorgeous. well thought out and another reason to consider my tripod when I head back to Africa....

Rachel Hollander
05-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Andrew - beautiful. The sunburst, light on the waving grasses and clouds all combine for an outstanding image. I like the vertical comp here.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Andrew, perfect!!! I love the starburst, the clouds, and the grassland...:cheers:

Colin Knight
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Beautiful!! Stunning you got that in one exposure too!

Jay Gould
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Mate, this is a complete and total winner - absolutely beautiful! :cheers: :5

Robert Amoruso
05-08-2012, 05:27 AM
I agree, all things work in this image. Vertical perfect the accentuate the clouds as leading lines. Good placement on the sun. Sunburst affect at f/22. Well proportioned with the grass in FG and sky. Just right DOF and sharpness near to far.

Andrew Aveley
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all the great comments and kind words. My thinking behind this POV was that it was a little elevated and had a cleared view across this section of the conservancy.From down lower there was numerous trees and even a section of the old farm house (still in use) which did not appeal to me. Also Morks , the hill / range carries along the RHS of the scene till just behind me , not more than 200 m to my RHS. the clouds had not lit up so decided to try and capture the rays and the sunburst effect with the soft light across the grass and the unconventional RHS positioning of the sunburst.

Vivaldo Damilano
05-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Andrew this is perfect, love the starburst, beautiful sky and FG grassland.

Andrew Aveley
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for viewing and comment Vivaldo